Friday, October 17, 2008

morbidities...

I had nightmares this morning. Again. Nothing new. But sometimes I get so disturbed...

Today, in my dream, I was in J&K.

Bullets.
Dead bodies.
Blood.

A group of army men laughing, drinking tea, suddenly shot at by terrorists. They die, their bodies neither falling nor toppling, but freezing at the very spot, with their once exuberant smiles chillingly pasted on their faces, their hands still holding the tin mugs...

Then haziness. A door. Teak. I pushed it open, and distinctively felt the wooden surface under my skin. The door opened suddenly, into a white room. Bare. Just a young man lying on the floor, sprawled eerily. His hands were raised above his body, and his palms were smeared with his own blood, like heena on a bride's hand. The blood dripped onto his chest, his grey cotton t-shirt unable to soak up so much of it...

Again a red haziness...and I woke up...

10 comments:

•♥•♥[V]♥•♥• said...

nightmares...what are u reading these days sis???

and how were u able to remember it in such detail..i haven't had nightmares for so long.

this was a sacry one..i thought i was reading a witness testimony.

rain girl said...

@v..oh u wont believe i was reading some stupid chic lit "lipstick jungle" :P it had no murders, not even a dagger lolz..

so i dunno where all this came from. and yes, i remember everything in detail. *sigh* wish i didn't. what peace it will be.

Anonymous said...

hmmm.... tht really created an atmosphere! i cud almost visualize it...

i ve some vivid n some vague memories of my dreams and nightmares as well... but they r so... not logical, just woven details of diff, funny, gory n serious incidents..
-balcony

Ricky said...

I have been to Kashmir when things were relatively peaceful and so the images that you see is almost like a fantasy (or a bad dream) for me.

rain girl said...

@balcomy.. yes, most of the times, dreams are illogical..anything happens anytime.
this was different though.

rain girl said...

@ricky: to me too. I have never been there. Lucky you! :)

marvin the paranoid android said...

dunno why everyone focuses on the grim reality of death... somehow i am not able to visualise it that way... manufacturing defect, i guess...

rain girl said...

@marvin...
we all are but measly human beings and tend to forget that sab moh maaya hai

Mys Lyke Meeh said...

--hey, such a detailed dream, ehh? It sounds like you were writing a thriller-action story. But, it was during ur sleep? what a nightmare--, Maybe, you were thinking of writing a story about terrorist? (Nay, just guessing)

But, sometimes dream or nightmares has some hidden meaning--when i was dreaming three or more days in a row about running away and somebody chased me---'i found out by myself that i was running away from my past' --!!!anyway, take care! u--

rain girl said...

@Mys Lyke Meeh...
yes, you should hear about the one I had today :P

i dunno no, m not planning any thriller / terrorism story. i just have such dreams almost daily. i guess i think too much.